Property search



17.05.2011@sas4rent [ ]

We are proud to offer fantastic holiday accommodation ranging from one bedroom apartments to 5 bedroom villas in fantastic vacation locations in Spain, Turkey, Morocco and other countries

read more / Comments:

Tenant Information

19.10.2010@sas4rent [ ]


Looking for a property to rent?

SAS Letting Agents Ltd will do everything we can to help you find your dream property, providing guidance through your application and making your move as easy and stress free as possible.

Why not start by looking at our available properties click here to search.

The Next Step - Finding a property

Once you have found a property that you are interested in, contact us to schedule a viewing.

You can contact us on 01775 761303 or email us click here to email our lettings department.

Following your viewing keep us updated with your thoughts!

  • If you wish to rent the property we will speak to the Landlord on your behalf to get everything agreed in principle before you are required to complete application forms and pay your application fee.
  • If this property is not for you, let us know why so we can understand your requirements better.

The Next Step - Application and referencing

Once a tenancy has been agreed in principle, references will be required for all tenants.

You can download the Tenancy Application Pack containing all forms required, or simply pick up a copy from  our office.

An application form and fees should be returned to SAS Letting Agents Ltd  ASAP to allow the property to be marked as LET (‘subject to referencing’), providing exclusivity to you.

Application Fees are payable as follows:

  • Per Property - £280 including VAT; one off fee to cover administration and referencing. This fee is non refundable if you withdraw.
  • However, If a property is withdrawn prior to the tenancy being confirmed, the application fee will be returned. Identification is also required.


The Next Step – Moving in to your new home

Once acceptable references have been received we can confirm a date to move into the property. Your first month’s or week’s rent must be paid in cleared funds (cash or bankers draft). Personal or company cheques can be accepted if sufficient clearance time of 7 working days is allowed.

You should have contents insurance in place to cover your belongings in the property. Our Lettings team will be happy to advise you upon specialist tenant insurance products available.

On the day that you move into the property, an appointment will be made for you to visit the office to read and sign the tenancy agreements and to pay your first month’s rent. We will also schedule to meet you at the property to go through the inventory with you.

If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate in contacting us where a team member will be happy to assist.

Thinking of Letting, Think SAS !!!

Additional Information

Tenancy Agreement

A tenancy agreement is a legal document signed by the Landlord (or agent) and Tenant that identifies the rights and responsibilities of each party in line with the occupation of a property. SAS Letting Agents Ltd will prepare the tenancy agreements for the letting of each property, tailoring it to match the requirements of the Landlord and Tenant. Most commonly an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement is used, with a minimum term of six months.


The deposit is paid by the Tenant to the Landlord or their agent prior to taking occupation of the property. The Housing Act 2004, introduced Tenancy Deposit Protection for all Tenants and deposits paid from 6th April 2007. Click the link below for more information. Link to deposit documents / website


Repairs should be reported to SAS Letting Agents Ltd using the following two options:

1. Call our office on 01775 761303 our normal working hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday, Tuesday & Friday 9.00am to 1.00pm Wednesday & Thursday. If your repair is an emergency out of work hours you can visit our office where an emergency number will be displayed.

2. Online 24 hours a day by filling the form below. When reporting a repair please be ready to provide us with the following information:

- Your name, address and daytime telephone number - As much about the repair as possible

- Whether you have reported the repair before.


Anti Social Behaviour - The term anti-social behaviour covers any behaviour that would cause a nuisance, unreasonable disturbance or harassment. Below are some examples of anti-social behaviour: - Individuals who intimidate neighbours and others through threats, violence or other unpleasant acts

- Persistent unruly behaviour, such as creating unreasonable noise, that intrudes on other people's lives

- Persistent abusive behaviour, such as verbal abuse or threats of violence, directed towards neighbours or others

- Harassment of people because of their ethnic background or religion, because of their sexual orientation (gay men or lesbians), because of their sex, or any other targeted intimidation - Vandalism or malicious damage to communal areas or to other people's homes or property

- Any behaviour that unreasonably interferes with a persons rights to peaceful enjoyment of their homes or neighbourhood Everyone is entitled to enjoy their home quietly and peacefully. You must not make too much noise, be a nuisance or disturb your neighbours and you must also make sure that anyone living with you or visiting your home behaves in a reasonable way. Your tenancy agreement makes you responsible for ensuring that you or your family or your visitors do not harass anybody. If you or members of your household or visitors to your home are found to be responsible for acts of harassment, you would be in breach of your tenancy agreement and could be evicted from your home. If you are being directly affected by somebody causing you a nuisance or are being harassed in any way you should report this to SAS Letting Agents Ltd. Harassment includes attacks on property as well as on the person. It can include physical or verbal abuse. Harassment targets people on particular grounds. It is distinct from and should not be confused with inter-neighbour disputes and general nuisance. It is SAS Letting Agents Ltd policy not to tolerate anti-social behaviour or harassment in any shape or form either, directed at our Tenants

read more / Comments:

services for landlords

19.10.2010@sas4rent [ ]

Landlords! Do you have a property to let?

SAS Letting Agents Ltd can provide a complete management service for landlords who would like to let single properties or an entire property portfolio. For landlords the benefits of SAS Letting Agents Ltd managing your property are immense.

No hidden fees

SAS Letting Agents Ltd will not charge you anything for providing schedules of works for your property prior to letting the property or for the actual setting up of the letting or agency agreement. Peace of mind for landlords

Benefits for Landlords

Only you know how much time you can spare to deal with your tenant's telephone calls and the resulting work. Our comprehensive Property Management service is designed to give you peace of mind and relieve you of the commitment of being a full-time landlord, which is why we look after over 350 properties on behalf of clients.

More tenants prefer managed properties

These days more and more tenants request managed properties as it allows a more professional service, removing the emotion from both sides. Our Property Management package includes services such as collecting rent, handling administration as well as assistance with more complex issues.

Property inspections

We carry out thorough periodic property inspections using housing inspectors. Our inspections service provides you the Landlord with recommendations and details on any improvements should they be required, giving you reassurance that your property remains in sound condition for future rentals as well as minimising the cost of repairs, by acting in good time.



Making the property safe for tenants

By law landlords must ensure that their property is safe for letting. It looks complicated but SAS Letting Agents Ltd will be able to provide full details of the relevant regulations. We will be able to explain the regulations and help you determine any action that needs to be taken to make your property safe for tenants. Safety legislation is regularly updated, so Landlords should check they obtain the latest regulations details. The following regulations apply.

Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 (as amended)

All properties procured and managed by SAS Letting Agents Ltd must comply with all of the duties, covenants and responsibilities as set out in Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 (as amended). These responsibilities must be adhered to throughout the term of the management agreement. This includes (but is not limited to) putting and keeping in repair the structure and exterior of the property, putting and keeping repair and proper working order the installations within the property for supply of water, gas, electricity, for sanitation and heating as well as communal areas and installations associated with the units (and buildings).

Decent Homes Standard

The Decent Homes Standard is a measure of general housing conditions introduced by the Government in 2000. It is SAS Letting Agents Ltd Lettings policy that at a bare minimum all properties procured must meet and maintain throughout the tenancy the Decent Homes Standard. A decent home is one that meets all of the following four criteria;

•It meets the current statutory minimum standard for housing. The property must be free of all Category 1 hazards under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (see below HHSRS).

•It is in a reasonable state of repair. It would fail this if; (i) one or more key building components are old and because of their condition need replacing or major repair; (ii) two or more other building components are old and because of their condition need replacing or major repair.

•It has reasonably modern facilities and services. It would fail here if it lacks three or more of the following facilities; (i) a kitchen which is 20 years old or less; (ii) a kitchen with adequate space and layout; (iii) a bathroom which is 30 years old or less; (iv) an appropriately located bathroom and WC; (v) adequate external noise insulation; (vi) adequate size and layout of common entrance areas for blocks of flat.

•It provides a reasonable degree of thermal comfort. The property must have both efficient heating and effective insulation.

 Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)

The Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) is the key method used to assess housing conditions. The Housing Act 2004 Part 1 establishes the HHSRS as the current statutory assessment criterion for housing and it is based on the principle that:

"Any residential premises should provide a safe and healthy environment for any potential occupier or visitor."

The system applies to all dwellings including owner occupied, privately rented, temporary accommodation, Council and Housing Association dwellings. The HHSRS is not a standard, that the property must meet, as was the case with the previous fitness standard, but it is a system to assess the likely risk of harm that could occur from any ‘deficiency' associated with a dwelling. The key criterion they must decide for each hazard under the HHSRS is what is:

•the likelihood of an occurrence e.g. falling down stairs, electrocution etc that could result in harm to a member of the vulnerable group, and

•the range of potential outcomes from such an occurrence e.g. death, severe injury etc.

 Gas Safety (installation and use) Regulations 1998

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 make it mandatory that gas appliances must be maintained in a safe condition at all times. It is required by the Regulations to ensure that all gas appliances are maintained in good order and that an annual safety check is carried out by a tradesperson who is registered with GAS SAFE.

The Regulations state that the Landlords must:

•Have gas appliances checked for safety by a GAS SAFE registered gas installer within 12 months of their installation and then ensure further checks at least once every twelve months after that.

•Ensure a gas safety check has been carried out on pipe work, each appliance and flue every 12 months, except where the appliance was installed less than 12 months ago. The GAS SAFE registered installer must take remedial action if an appliance fails a safety check.

•Give a copy of the safety check record to any new tenant before they move in or to an existing tenant(s) within 28 days of the check.

•Keep a record of the safety check made on each appliance for two years.

•Ensure that gas appliances, fittings, and flues are maintained in a safe condition.

SAS Letting Agents Ltd would engage a qualified GAS SAFE registered engineer to carry out any Gas Safety Inspections at the Landlords request.

All our approved contractors carry their own insurance and SAS Ltd are not liable for any incidents that may occur following the issue of a certificate on your property.

Electrical Safety and Electrical Goods

A number of regulations exist concerning the Electrical Health and Safety covering electrical installations and appliances; (a) Landlord and Tenant Act 1985; (b) Consumer Protection Act 1987; (c) Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994; (d) Building Regulations 2000.

This legislation places obligations on landlords to ensure that the electrical installation and all electrical appliances are ‘safe' with little risk of injury or death to humans, or risk of damage to property. This applies to when the tenancy begins and throughout the life of the tenancy. This includes all mains voltage household electric goods supplied by the landlord such as cookers, kettles, toasters, electric blankets, washing machines etc. Any equipment supplied should be marked with the appropriate CE symbol.

It is recommended that you have in place an NICEIC or NAPIT electrical safety certificate before a letting or management agreement is signed with the Landlord or Tenant.

SAS Letting Agents Ltd would engage the services of a qualified electrical contractor to carry out NICEIC Certificates at the Landlords request.

All our approved contractors carry their own insurance and SAS Letting Agents Ltd are not liable for any incidents that may occur following the issue of a certificate on your property.

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)

From 1st October 2008, all rental properties with a new tenancy in England and Wales are required to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). If you don't have one after that date and start a new tenancy after that date you could be fined £200 for non compliance. The EPC will remain valid for 10 years.

SAS Letting Agents Ltd would engage the services of a qualified contractor to carry out EPCs at the Landlords request.

All our approved contractors carry their own insurance and SAS Letting Agents Ltd are not liable for any incidents that may occur following the issue of a certificate on your property.

Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended)

The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 apply to domestic items which contain upholstery, including beds, headboards, mattresses, sofa-beds, nursery furniture, garden furniture which can be used indoors, furniture in new caravans, scatter cushions, seat pads, pillows and loose and stretch covers for furniture.

The requirements of the regulations are that:

•All new furniture (except mattresses, bed bases, pillows, scatter cushions, seat pads and loose and stretch covers for furniture) must carry a display label at the point of sale. This is the retailer's responsibility

•All new furniture (except mattresses and bed bases) and loose and stretch covers are required to carry a permanent label providing information about their fire retarding properties. Such a label will indicate compliance.

- All furniture (new and second hand) must meet the Fire Resistance Requirements:

- Furniture to pass a cigarette-resistance test

- cover fabric, whether for use in permanent or loose covers, to pass a match-resistance test

- filling materials for all furniture to pass ignitability tests.


Houses in Multiple Occupations (HMOs)

An HMO (defined in ss.254 to 259 of the Housing Act 2004) is a building, or part of a building, such as a flat, that:

•Is occupied by more than one household and where the occupants share, lack or must leave the front door to use an amenity, such as a bathroom, toilet or cooking facilities.

•Is occupied by more than one household in a converted building where not all the flats are self-contained.

•Is a converted block of self-contained flats, but does not meet as a minimum standard the requirements of the 1991 Building Regulations, and less than two thirds of flats are owner occupied.

read more / Comments:

Important New Legislation

19.10.2010@admin [ ]

From October 1st 2008 it has become mandatory for landlords in England and Wales to make available a full Energy Performance Certificate to all prospective tenants. (read more)

SAS Letting Agents Ltd have their own approved qualified and certified energy assessor and offers very competitive rates for All Landlords. Prices start from £35.00 + VAT plus an administration fee for all unmanaged properties.

You can call us for full details and to book an appointment or you can use the online form.

SAS Letting Agents Ltd also have their own approved contractors to provide Landlord Gas Safety Certificates, Servicing and repairs of all Gas, Water and Electrical equipment at competitive rates for All Landlords.

SAS Letting Agents Ltd can also supply their own approved contractors for all types of property maintenance and repair work.

read more / Comments: